Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Therapy 7.20

 During P.T. Friday my therapist said she felt a little kick back from my hamstrings.  I wasn't really sure because to me I always feel like I am pushing.  So I didn't really take it to serious.  I guess I try to be as real as possible about my recovery.  Even though I would LOVE to suddenly wake up and have my legs work I know that's just not going to happen.  I guess I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.  I know it will come but I also know it will be RiDiCuLoUsLy slow.  

But now I know
 
We have PROGRESS!

I had a new P.T. come today and we did stretches and he mentioned again that there is push back.  
   I am pushing back!
After PT left I was so tired!  I had Kelly put me on the floor and I was out of it!  I slept for over two hours.  When OT came I mentioned to him what PT said and he got so excited he had to test it out himself.  He agreed!  Something is working there!  We also did some electronic muscle stimulation on my right hand.  With just a little charge I was able to wiggle my middle finger.  Hopefully it will stimulate more function!


It's so good to have these small reassurances that things are healing.  We pray every night for signs that I am getting better.  This is just an answered prayer!   Things are moving forward! 

Today was a good day!

5 comments:

Jayme said...

That is fabulous! Absolutely wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

YAY! :) You guys have been in my prayers every day, too... I know so many people are praying for your recovery, and I'm so glad that you got some answers! Sometimes you just need an answer! :) Good news, I'm so happy for ya! Keep up all the good and hard work, we're all pulling for ya, ma dear! Tell the fam HI for me!

Mary said...

YAY!!! Even the smallest movement is so exciting! I'm glad that today was a good one for you!!

CollinsFamily said...

YEAH!!!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Steph, that is GREAT news! We pray for you everyday.