Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mending

Besides the obvious physical mending that is going on, there is also some serious mending going on with my relationships.


Spending 5 months away from my husband has been a huge struggle.  Not that our relationship is bad by any means but it is different.  It's been stressful.  I use to be so proud that Kelly and I didn't argue.  We would calmly discuss any disagreement we had until we came to a reasonable compromise.  Well that has been drop kicked out the window.  Neither Kelly nor I are really "yellers", but there is much more tension in our conversations.  When I went into the hospital my whole family was pulled apart.  I was in Idaho Falls at the hospital, Kelly was in Pocatello carrying on as much of a "normal" life as he could, and Jack went back and forth between Kelly's parents and my parents (thank HEAVENS for their help, we wouldn't have made it without them).  So not only did we lose each other, we lost Jack ... we lost our whole family, the family we had been for only 11 short months.  It threw a serious wrench in our lives. Since we have been back together it's like we have to remember how to be a married couple again.  For 5 months we were single again and now we are married again.  So with long talks and very conscious effort .... we are mending.  Physically, emotionally, spiritually ... in every way, we are mending.

No comments: