Monday, August 9, 2010

Two Months

Today I have been home from the hospital two months.  When I first got home I wasn't sure if we were going to make it a week!  But we did and things usually run fairly smooth.


Since I have been home I have accomplished a lot ...
  • much more strength and control in my abs
  • More strength in my arms
  • Being able to get on my elbows while lying on my stomach (even if I have carpet burned them to the point of bleeding)
  • Being able to wiggle three toes (this doesn't sound as cool as it really is)
  • Muscle Tone
  • Reflexes  (even though these came back on their own)

Things are progressing.  When I was in the hospital I couldn't even hold my head up.  It's easier to see the things I can't do than everything I can, but everyday I get better, and stronger, and one day closer to a full recovery.


    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Woo HOO! :) This is awesome, what wonderful progress! Keep up all the hard work, you are amazing!! I'm proud of you for your positive perspective and the strength I can feel through reading your posts. :)

    Amber Wray said...

    Stephanie-
    You are amazing, such a light in a world full of pain and darkness. Thank you for sharing yur story and sharing your testimony. It is so comforting to read your words. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your beautiful family!

    Kyle and Tiffany said...

    I love to read about your progress. You are definitely getting there. You'll be back in the fast-paced craziness of life in no time.