Monday, January 3, 2011

2011




Things are still moving fairly slowly. I do still have that little bit of movement in my left leg. While lying on my back if someone stabilizes my eight goals and my knees are bent, I can also hold my legs up in the air. Of course the muscles get tired and eventually they fall but it's a start.


The spasms are getting stronger every day. When my abs spasm I almost can't catch my breath sometimes. I also think that the new pressure in my stomach as causing to have some appetite issues. My legs can spasm so hard they stick straight out and actually lift off the ground. There also contracting and bending. It's almost as if they are learning when to bend and went to straighten, sometimes. The good thing about them bending and straightening is that means that both the front and the back muscles are working.my tricep in my right arm is finally starting to trigger to. Once I build up some strength this will be enormously beneficial. It will allow me to slide or transfer on my own.

I have a new brace that I was supposed to wear on my left arm. The joint between my wrist and my first thumb knuckle is awfully tender when bumped wrong.  They call it a De Quervains. They aren't 100% sure what causes it, but they believe it's an overuse of my thumb. This is pretty likely since my son was the first finger I can use to push. I use it every day on the computer, I use it to control my bed, so it's definitely being worked more than my other fingers are.

The pain in my right hip has come back. I really cannot figure out any rhyme or reason to why it comes and goes. It's not unbearable, but it's definitely not comfortable. Things are definitely coming along. With the new year it's deftly made me make some resolutions I hope to be able to accomplish by the end of the year.

1. To transfer on my own.
2.  To be able to roll over from my back to my stomach.
3. To be able to crawl.
4. To be independent in my wheelchair.
5. To walk.

Although most of these goals depend on how quickly my body continues to heal, my resolution is really more to do everything in my power to make sure that they are accomplished. It is up to me to work hard, keep trying new things, and to not give up. 2011 has my name written all over it!

2 comments:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

You can do it, Steph! Those are great goals, and you are such a determined person. Keep it up!

Mary said...

These are great goals! I'll be praying that you meet them all plus more this year!